Join Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club
Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club 2020 Membership
Whether you are a returning member, or someone considering joining us for the first time, we would love to welcome you!
Our membership runs from 01 January 2020 to 31 December 2020 and costs £30, with an additional £1 fee to British Cycling who host our membership applications. You can renew, or join us by clicking on the link below:
Alternatively, if you wish to join us by paying by bank transfer, or cheque, please contact our membership secretary, Andy Peacock, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What benefits will I gain from being a club member?
By joining us you will meet like-minded, friendly, supportive people of all ages and abilities, with the added bonus of having fun! Whatever your training needs, we have a range of friendly and supportive coached swimming, running, turbo training and strength and conditioning sessions, as well as club time trials from April to August and our regular Saturday social/club/sporting rides.
In summary, our membership offers:
- Saturday morning social / club / sporting rides, at no additional cost
- Monday evening coached run sessions, at no additional cost
- Wednesday evening turbo training sessions, at a cost of £3 / session, November – March
- Wednesday evening time trials, at a cost of £4 / time trial, March – September
- Thursday evening strength and conditioning sessions, at a cost of £10 / session
- Monday morning, Tuesday evening and Friday morning coached swim sessions, at a cost of £5 / session (or a monthly rate of £30)
- Access to our annual club cycling trip to places such as Derbyshire and Kent
- Access to our annual club seaside trip (last year we cycled to Aldeburgh)
- Access to our 30, 60, or 100 mile rides, twice a year
- Access to our club organised velodrome trips
- The ability to sign up for races under the club’s name
- Access to our smart and updated Endura kit, plus other kit items
- Use of club equipment, for example a bike box, at a small charge
I am just getting into cycling and triathlons; can I still join? Will I slow you down?
Whatever your fitness and ability we would love to welcome you to our club! We thrive on seeing our members achieve their goals and personal bests and will support you in achieving them; whether it is a first 300m swim, your first 25, or 100 mile bike ride, or even your first half marathon, triathlon, or half iron man. Whatever your personal goal is, there will be someone to help and support, drawing from our members’ personal experiences, as well as the help of our fantastic coaches.
Our Saturday bike rides are split into three (social, club and sporting rides), depending on your speed and ability; all our rides are led by experienced ride guides. We always ride at the pace of our slowest riders so that no-one gets left behind; we also encourage our members to progress on from our social and club rides. Our ride guides utilise pre-defined routes to help you assess whether the ride is of the right length and whether it stops at the right coffee shop!
Each of our coached sessions (running, swimming, strength and conditioning and turbo training) are open to members of all abilities and fitness levels and through them we will support you to achieve your personal goals.
Can I also join other clubs? What is my first claim?
We encourage links with other clubs and welcome anyone who wants to join ours. However, like other clubs, we respect the first claim principle, i.e. you can be a member of other clubs, but you need to state clearly where your first claim lies to help when you register for races.
Yours in sport
Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club Committee